Civic & Cultural:|
• Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. Renovations, Urban Park,
RiverFront. Proposal for select Site Improvements, Site Sculpture,
Landscape Architecture, Parking Garage Redesign. Harry Weese Original
Architect. Dan Kiley and Associates Landscape Architect. National
Competition. Exhibited. Project;
• Experimental Facility for the Display & Creation of the Public
Art Works. Westport, CT. Design.
• 40 story Residential Highrise. Hotel/Condominiums. New York.
With articulated Glass
Facade. 40th Street and Fifth Avenue and Bryant Park. Midtown New York.
Design. With Graef Engineering Chicago. Design. Designed and Built by Others;
• 20 story Stagger Truss. New York. Chelsea HighLine District, New York. Midrise
steel frame housing system proposed as a means to afford economic
housing and mixed use commercial for New York and surrounding Boroughs.
With Thornton Tomasetti Engineers Chicago. Design. Project;
• 2 Residential Highrises with Connecting Bridge at the High Line. New York. With
lateral high level pedestrian street. Proposed as a means to address
high density living in high density cities such as New York and Hong
• Midrise Prototypical Terrace Housing. Philadelphia. Two City
Block Garden Terrace 2 Story Midrise Housing Design Proposal, Race
Street, Downtown Philadelphia. Conceptualized as the start of a
Proposed Redevelopment Plan, suitable for Large Scale Adaptation
throughout the City. With Vertical Farms & Terraces Raised Patios & Gardens. Design;
• Urban Conference Center with Residential Towers. Philadelphia. Logan Circle on the
Schulkyll Parkway. 300,000 gsf Modern Convention Center with 2000 Seat
Auditorium. Masters Thesis. Design. Designed by KPF and Built by Others;
30 story Mixed Use Highise Tower with Commercial. Chicago.
Greektown. With parking garage, magnet commercial. Design with Kaz Developers. Designed and Built by Others;
MultiFamily, Adaptive Reuse:
• 26 Story Condominium Conversion. Hotel to Condominiums. Chicago. Concrete Frame and Slab
Construction involving Adaptive ReUse of Existing Historical Facility into Luxury
Condominiums & Apartments. Former Chicago YMCA. Design for Follansbee Architects Developers. Designed and Built by Others;
• 90 unit Archer Canal Midrise Housing. Chicago. 90 units with parking. Residential / Commercial Renovation
from Industrial Warehouse. 100 dwelling units, 6 floors, subgrade
parking, 150,000 gsf, Chicago. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects. Built. With Iseberg Developerment;
• 35 unit Oakey Erie Lowrise Housing. Chicago. 35 units with parking Residential Renovation/Adaptive
Reuse from former Industrial Warehouse. 32 du, 2 floors, subgrade
parking. 50,000 gsf. Chicago. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects Built. With Iseberg Development;
• Affordable Scattered Site SIPS Housing. Chicago. Various
• Harrison Western Avenue Townhomes. Chicago.
48 du Attached 4 story Masonry Townhomes,
60,000 gsf, All Design including Site Planning, Chicago. Design with
Philip R. Cohen Architects. Built. With Iseberg Development;
• Cermak / Michigan Avenue Midrise. Chicago. 24 dwelling units, New 8 story Midrise
Masonry Residential / Commercial. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects;
• Milwaukee Avenue Midrise. Chicago. 20 dwelling units, New 6 story Midrise
Masonry Residential/Commercial. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects. Built by Others.;
• Chicago River Lowrise Housing Master Plan. Chicago. 88 New dwelling units Attached
Riverfront Facing Townhomes with 74 du New Attached Townhomes. Unit
Planning & Site Master Planning, Industrial Brownfield Site. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects;
• Milwaukee Avenue Prefab Lowrise Manufactured Development. Chicago. 16 dwellong units, New 2
& 3 story Modular Townhomes. Chicago. Design with Philip R. Cohen Architects. Built by Others.
Educational / Institutional:
• The Child School, Roosevelt Island, NY. Owner Representation Services for $2MM Arts Center. With Justin Sager AIA;
• Eastchester Junior / Senior High School. Eastchester, BX.
Main Auditorium Interiopr Recommendations, including fixtures, seating,
color, lighting, architectural surfaces, mouldings. With Justin Sager AIA;
• Fort Sheridan Gym, Highland Park, Illinois. For Lake Forest College Feasibility Adaptive
Reuse & MasterPlanning Studies. Proposed Various Planning and Building
Development Strategies for College Reuse / Interpretation of 1895
Holabird and Root 24,000 gsf Military Gymnasium and
Cavalry Drill Hall, Town of Fort Sheridan, Illinois. Project.;
• South Campus Dormitory Housing. Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, IL. Studies and Designs for
Reinterpretation / Renovation of Original Dormitory Designs by Perkins
+ Will (1961) . Design Proposals. Designs built by
others; Contemporary Student Commons Designs, with
Dormitory Facade Modifications, (for original Perkins + Will
Dormitories, built 1960);
• MultiUse / Auditorium Space Planning and Interior Design. Lake Forest
College. Space Layout Proposals within the College Atheletic
• Halas Hall. Athletic Facility. Lake Forest, IL. Building engineering review, Technical Recommendations. Chicago Bears Athletic Facility at Lake Forest College.
Engineering and Technical, Lake Forest, IL;
• Moore Hall. Lake Forest College. Dormitory Life Cycle Cost Analysis and Interior Designs,
w/ Tweedie Associates Architects, Evanston, IL. Implemented;
• Young Hall. Lake Forest College. Main Administration Building. ADAAG
Title III Studies and Recommendations, Implemented;
• Estonia Academy for the Arts, Talllin, Estonia. 300,000 gsf 55'
Longspan 4" Reinforced Thin Concrete Slab Structure with Solar Glass
Thermal Curtainwall. Structure built in the Medieval City, set on
Piles. Proposal Succeeded To Final Round Competition. Design.;
• Bannockburn Primary School, Bannockburn, Illinois. Concept Design and
Site Planning. Preliminary layout of new gymnasium, new classroom wing,
and cafeteria renovations. With David Greenspan, APA. Design. Built by others.;
• Drury College Dormitory Village. Springfield, MO. Design. 300 du; with David Greenspan, APA
(Project recommended for First Prize, by John Hejduk, formerly Dean,
Cooper Union School of Architecture, New York). Springfield, Missouri. Design. Built by others.;
• Alabama High School for the Performing Arts. Birmingham, AL. Phased Design of One
Entire Block of Downtown Birmingham, Alabama set around a central green
urban court, for the organization and construction of a modern 200,000
gsf Urban Arts High School. Competition Proposal;
• Little Falls Senior High School, Little Falls, NY. Technical design
and construction services. With Stetson Partnership/Harza Engineering.
• Hotel Design. Minneapolis. 30 Stories with Semi Enclosed
Atrium. Concrete Flat Plate Construction. With Wil Taubert AIA Chicago. Design.;
• European Restaurant Design. House of Kahn, formerly The Magic Pan. Walton
Street and Michigan Avenue, Downtown Chicago. Design.
• Urban Retail Commercial Center Skokie, IL. 200,000 gsf, including Massing &
Facade Designs. Grocery ,Fitness Sports Center, Anchor Tenants. All
Attached and Detached Commercial. Project.;
• Retail Commercial Center. Vernon Hills, IL. Including Massing & Facade
Designs. All Attached and Detached Commercial. 100,000 gsf. Project.;
• Tenant Building and Buildout Designs CarpetLand Franchises. Midwest.
New Buildings and Renovations, Locations Midwest and Mountain States,
United States. Designs + Built;
• Armani. Chicago, IL. Interior Renovation;
• Interior Buildout. Oak Street; Kahn Building,
Walton Street, Chicago. Built. Demolished.
• Veterinary Surgical Center. Lincolnshire, IL. Buildout in
existing Shopping Commercial Center, including various due diligence
site studies at alternative locations. Vernon Hills. Built. Demolished.;
• CardioPulmonary Care Hospital Wing. Chicago South Side. With Andrew Mazurek, AHPA. Design.
• Mixed Use Medical Office Building. Libertyville, IL. Leasable
Office Floors above. 24,000 gsf, Phase I. Through Design Development.
Services included Feasibility Studies, Pricing, Phasing, Alternate
Sites Studies. All Zoning Variations & All Alternative Use Permits.
Libertyville, Illinois. Design. Built by Others;
• Golz Motors. Deerfield, IL. Building Over Building Lowrise Prototype: 100' Longspan Steel
Trussing set on Micropiles with Precast Prestressed Concrete Plank
Decking & Topping for Luxury Auto Storage & Display. 12,000 gsf,
Deerfield, Illinois. With Thornton Tomasetti Structural Engineers.
• Residential Vertical Addition over Commercial. Chicago. Mixed Use
Building Over Building Midrise Mixed Use Urban Prototype. New 3 Story
Residential over Existing 3 Story Masonry Commercial. 12,000 gsf
utilizing 3 Story Steel Longspan Trusses. Chicago. With Wil Taubert AIA Chicago. Design.;
• Portal Office Building, Harlem River Yards Developers, Bronx, NY.
Spanning gate building with signage and offices as entry to 100 acre
industrial yard on the East River, South Bronx. Not built.
• Contemporary Single Family. Torrington, CT. Design;
• Contemporary Townhouse. Riverdale, Bronx, NY. Design.;
• Contemporary Interior Design. Eastern Long Island, NY. Prototype unit in urban highrise. Design.;
• Contemporary Single Family. Princeton NJ. University Faculty Member, Princeton, New Jersey;
• Traditional Single Family. Bannockburn, IL. Classical Residence set within a 4 acre Forest Sculpture Garden. Design.
North Shore, Chicago. 2 Story Garage with Lift, Landscape Design with
Pond and Bridge. 10,000 gsf Residence, all Sustainable Design. 32
Geothermal Wells, 7 HVAC zones. Built. Published, Princeton
• Contemporary Residence Addition, Lake Forest, IL. Glass Residence Addition for a Small House by
Charles Luckman (Lever House (Park Avenue), NYC, Architect with Gordon
Bunschaft), Lake Forest, Illinois, Built; Interiors, Built; Patio
and Elevated Deck, Built.;
• Contemporary Penthouse Addition. Chicago. IL. with Sustainable Improvements--including Roof Garden,
Solar, Wind, GeoThermal, Radiant Slabs--for Two Family Traditional
Masonry Townhome, North Side, Chicago. Design.;
• Traditional Single Family Homes for BattleFlag Development. Concord, MA. With John Marden Developers.
Concord Massachusetts. Built.;
• Traditional Single Family Home. Essex, CT. Conversion of 150 year old
timber church into Luxury Residence. Built..
• Modern Cape Bungalow. Edison, NJ. Addition and Alterations. Built.
• The Most Beautiful House in the World, International Design Competition, Exhibited Milan.
• Modular Plywood House Design for the Midwest. National Competition, APA ,
the American Plywood Association.
• Times Square NY. Virtual Display Proposal. Urban
Commercial Symbolic Devices and Settings. Proposals for US Corporations, as part of Urban Landscapes
and Building Designs within 21st century Urban Settings;
• William LeBaron Jenny Memorial. Graceland Cemetery. Chicago.
Competition Exhibit for gravesite and headstone for Jenny and family.
Work Exhibited. Chicago Architectural Foundation.
• Bronze Grave Furniture, Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA. JFK & RFK
Graves. Landscape site design by John Carl Warnecke Architects, Washington, DC.
Architectural Criticism & Publications:
• The Mythic Origins of the Architecture of Alvar
Book. Funding being sought through Graham Foundation, Chicago, &
Fulbright Scholarship Fund. 200 page book with the author’s
photographic illustrations utilizing 2000 full color 35 mm slides from
European travels. With references to meetings & conferences
with Aalto architectural staff and clients throughout Europe, Finland
to Germany; Design, MidCentury Modern Home, Princeton.;
• Renovation/rebuild of a Patio House in Princeton NJ. Design
Originally Inspired by Case Study House # 12 (“Arts & Architecture
Magazine", 1946). Design with Elizabeth Smith, Museum of Contemporary
Art, Chicago. (Now at Toronto Museum of Modern Art);
• Editorial Letter, in reference to Steven Holl proposed Addition to C
Rennie Mackintosh Design for Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland.
To e-Architect (published in Glasgow Architecture, webzine), Adrian
Welch, Editorial Director. Letter published online at e-Architect;
• Alvar Aalto, Woodberry Poetry Room at the Widener Library, Harvard
University: Secured Primary Archival Architectural Working Drawings
(1948) from the Alvar Aalto Foundation In Helsinki, Finland. For
reference for Harvard University Restoration of Aalto Period
• Mies Van der Rohe, Farnsworth House. Preservation and FloodProofing.
Proposal for Illinois Landmarks Preservation Commission. Implementation
of Inflatable Floats and Demountable Piles. With David Bauman,
President, ILPC; & Jay Pridmore, International Architectural
• Preservation, Landplan and Building Adaptive Reuse Proposal, Barat
College Campus of DePaul University, Lake Forest, Illinois. Design and
Archival Research involving Adaptive Re-use/Renovation of 400,000 gsf 5
story Masonry Heavy Timber Period Dutch Revival Administration &
Classroom Complex, with 27 acre Land Use Proposal; for 200 du New
MultiFamily Housing (50 du Renovation, 150 du Landplan). With Illinois
Landmarks Preservation Council, David Baumann President. Various pro
bono studies and reports;
• Published Newspaper Article, Sustainability, Geothermal and Radiant
Mechanicals in Various Office Projects, Princeton Town Topics
• Published Article on Campus Planning and Recommendations, Lake Forest
College Annual Report, Outlining and Elaborating Perkins + Will 1961
Campus Planning Strategies, for the South Campus, Lake Forest, College.
• Educational, Multifamily,
View City as sustainable, economically
Interest in both buildings + capital
City as creating value - financial, social, visual,
• Project Planning at
Strongest at project front
Big picture with ability to address detail.
Skilled in evaluating pattern
alternatives in space and time:
- Adaptive reuse floor plans with fixed perimeters;
- Schedules and flows in relation to deadlines and phasing.
Technical + Legal Due Diligence.
alternatives, management software, cost software.
PM, Contract Administration.
• Building materials and products define schedule and cost.
Focus on building and component delivery strategies in
relation to engineering, assembly and construction.
Document and Building delivery in terms of
parametrics and variables.
Construction phase PM and coordination with on site
mechanics and contractors.
Engineering incl. structural. Conc.,
Turnkey. Filing and admin. including Change Orders, field orders. RFI, PW, TR, COs, PI, SI, etc.
• Experience with a variety of program types.
Range of contract types:
Range of employment settings: Corporate, private,
Clients include private boards and individuals,
developers, engineers, architects, insurance, public/private agencies,
-Subject Matter Expert;